Monday, November 25, 2013

More than research

My Fulbright Grant gives me an opportunity to live in another country and experience an entirely different culture for 7 months. I am excited for the opportunity to engage in the local community and provide service where I can. An organization that I have decided to engage with is called the Need For All Orphanage, located a few miles outside of Kampala. My mentor, Dr. Troy Lund, has been visiting this orphanage for many years, and he started a non-profit organization with the direct goal of impacting the lives of the children who have the misfortune of being orphans. The non-profit is called the Medicine For Sick Children Foundation.

The Medicine for Sick Children Foundation (MSCF) has a simple goal: keeping the children healthy by ensuring they have the medicine and resources they need to stay in school. Every penny that is donated to MSCF goes to providing medicine, medical supplies, and child educational costs for the Need For All Orphanage. Dr. Lund supports MSCF as a complete volunteer. He personally donates enough money that may be incurred for administrative expenses. That means 100% of all donations go to helping the kids!

During my time in Uganda I will travel to the Need For All Orphanage on the weekends to volunteer to help clean the facilities, play with the children, and teach English and science lessons. My goal is to raise $3000 for MSCF and the Need For All orphanage--enough money to keep the medicine cabinet stocked and the children in school for a little more than a year.

Can you help me reach my goal?! Please consider making a donation by going to the Medicine for Sick Children Foundation website below. Any amount is VERY appreciated! I will also be sure to provide you with updates from the children and staff at the Need for All Orphanage.

DONATE HERE!
Medicine for Sick Children Foundation Website

Thank you for your consideration,

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment